"I love that PC is a place that takes teaching and learning seriously. Many institutions pay lip service to good teaching, but don’t provide the setting that nurtures it. We do."
– Dr. Robert B. Hackey, professor of health policy and management
Our rigorous academic program, centered on an
interdisciplinary Development of Western Civilization requirement and grounded
in Catholic and Dominican values, challenges students and transforms the way
they see themselves and the world around them.
Providence College must continue to recruit and hire
world-class faculty who are both teachers and scholars, and who appreciate
active learning on the part of their students.
Creating a culture of student engagement also means:
- providing opportunities for students to become
active, lifelong learners by fostering hands-on learning in and out of the
- allowing undergraduates to collaborate with
faculty in research recognized nationally.
- providing students the services they need to the
develop their core competencies in writing and oral communication.
- enabling out students to be enriched by the
opportunity to study abroad.
- becoming immersed in diverse cultural settings
beyond the campus.
- collaborating with other students and our partners
in internships and community service experiences that improve the quality of
life of others.
Continue the tradition. Support Academic Excellence.