|Deadline to register is September 25th|
You are invited to join College President Rev. Brian J. Shanley, O.P. '80, Athletic Director Bob Driscoll, head men's ice hockey coach Nate Leaman and head women's ice hockey coach Bob Deraney along with members of the Providence College community, alumni, parents and friends at the grand re-opening of Schneider Arena.
The evening will feature a ribbon-cutting ceremony and blessing of the new building along with tours of the new 30,000-square foot addition to the rink. In addition, Providence College Athletics has teamed up with the Clarke Family-Cortlandt '67, Sara and Becky, husband and daughters of the late Penny Clarke, a longtime PC hockey supporter - to offer a cocktail reception including a cash bar and heavy appetizers. The evening will also feature a live & silent auction with proceeds to benefit the men's and women's hockey programs.
Auction items will include:
- Friar Fantasy Package: includes two men's basketball floor seats to a mutually agreeable game, dinner with Athletic Director Bob Driscoll, two tickets to a men’s ice hockey mutually agreeable game in the luxury box, and an autographed 2013-14 team jersey.
- Golf with Nate Leaman: You and two friends spend an afternoon with Coach Leaman golfing at Quidnessett Country Club. Includes lunch with Coach.
- Patriots Tickets: Signed/Framed Rob Gronkowksi Jersey with a signed/ framed Rob Gronkowski Photo along with 2 tickets to the Browns vs. Patriots home game on 12/8/13
- Bruins Legend: Bobby Orr Autographed jersey and tickets to a Boston bruins game.
- Boston Bruins Insider Package: Includes a signed/framed Milan Lucic jersey with two tickets to a Bruins home game and a visit to the 98.5 radio booth with Dave Goucher and Bob Beers.
- 2011 Boston Bruins autographed team stick with letter of authenticity
Adults ($30 per person)
Children 12 & Under (FREE)
Schedule of Events:
6:30 PM- Cocktail Reception with heavy hors d'oeuvres & cash bar in the new Atrium
Tours of the new building will be offered
Silent & Live auction items will be available
7:30 PM- Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and speaking program
The Clarke Family will present the Penny Clarke Memorial Award to former Friar and
longtime hockey supporter Len Clarkin '65
8:00 PM- Open Skate (bring your own skates) All attendees are
welcome to lace up their skates. Members of the men's and
women's hockey teams will be on ice.
On ice autographs and pictures will be available with
members of the current men's and women's ice hockey
Donors to this project will be invited to a VIP reception prior to the celebration in the Leary Friends of Friar Hockey Room. If you are interested in supporting this project please contact Steve Napolillo at 401-865-2677 or Joe Hulbig at 401-865-1171.
Go Friars! Len Clarkin