Homecoming Weekend is right around the corner - March 4 to 6, 2011!
Flashback to your days at Providence College and relive all the good times at ‘Friar Flashback’ Homecoming Weekend 2011! Consider one of our Ticket Value Packages to get the entire Homecoming Weekend experience, or enjoy one of the many discounts you’ll get at restaurants in the City of Providence when wearing your Homecoming discount bracelet! (See the bracelet.)
Sing along with cover band BonJourney. Cheer on the Friars as they take on Rutgers University in their final game of the season. Celebrate Mass among friends and family. Listen to the sounds of the Providence College A Cappella Club, and much more!
Register for Homecoming Weekend!
Get your commemorative Homecoming Weekend t-shirt.
View listing of restaurants with bracelet discount.
Here are a few events you don’t want to miss out on:
Friday, March 4
Saturday, March 5
- Meet the Alumni Association, 5pm, McPhail’s Entertainment Facility
- BonJourney, 9pm (doors open at 8pm), Peterson Recreation Center, $5 for tickets in advance, $10 at the door
Sunday, March 6
- Friars On Ice, 2pm, Schneider Arena
- Friar Fest and Bus Decorating Competition, 3pm, Concannon and Slavin Areas
- Decade Receptions, immediately following men’s basketball and ice hockey games, Downtown Providence:
- 1950-1969 Shula’s Private Dining Room
- 1970-1989 Hilton (Roger Williams Room)
- 1990-1999 Trinity Brewhouse
- 2000-2009 McFadden's
- Homecoming Weekend Brunch, Noon – immediately following Mass at 10:30am, Campus Ministry Center, $15 per person
**During brunch, Father Shanley will be honoring this year's recipients of the Joseph V. Macandrew Award and the Helen Bert Award, which are awarded to two outstanding student-athletes that have shown leadership and scholarship during their career at Providence College.
We hope you make plans to return home and hope you enjoy the company of your College classmates as you travel back in time to re-experience your favorite Providence College memories. Is there a better way to spend a weekend among friends and fellow Friars? Register for Homecoming Weekend now!
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 401-865-1909 or email@example.com