Celebrating Your Commitment: Make Plans to Attend St. Dominic Weekend
Hundreds of alumni, parents, and friends of Providence College are expected for this campus wide celebration - St. Dominic Weekend - from September 30 to October 1, 2011.
Don't miss your opportunity to engage with PC students and faculty, celebrate student achievement made possible by your support and kick off another exciting year of Friar Athletics. Learn more about the weekend schedule by viewing the Weekend at a Glance. Participation in this weekend is compliments of Providence College.
- St. Dominic Evening of Appreciation will celebrate the transformational impact the College’s leadership supporters have on the daily lives of PC students. Keynote speaker, Doris Burke '87, will share her reflections on how a liberal arts education has impacted her professional journey. The evening will also feature recognition of 1917 Society members – alumni and friends whose lifetime record of generosity is truly extraordinary.
- Tour campus renovations, and religious art placements in Harkins Hall.
- Mass will include a special recognition for members of the 1917 Society and a pin blessing ceremony for members of the Harkins Society.
- Celebrate scholarship fund donors and student scholarship recipients at the special, annual luncheon gathering.
- Meet distinguished alumni and faculty authors during the weekend's Opening Reception on Friday evening, and enjoy a performance by I Cantori - PC's premier student ensemble.
- Learn about the life-changing experiences of our students at the Fr. Smith Student Fellowship presentations, and about their recent travels from around the globe.
- YOUNG ALUMNI: Learn key strategies to networking success from Sharon Driscoll `80, vice president of marketing for the IBM Corporation.
- New! PARENTS: Experience how today's student learn in the classroom by participating in this interactive workshop: Teaching the Millennials: Adapting Educational Strategies for Digital Natives presented by Marian Mattison, DSW and Siobhan Ross.
If you received an invitation by mail, you may proceed to online registration
. Kindly RSVP by September 23, 2011.
And, please remember to make your hotel accommodations
for the weekend.
Please contact us with any questions: