National Alumni Association Awards
The Providence College National Alumni Association celebrates the achievements of our honored alumni with the National Alumni Association Awards, presented each year during Reunion Weekend.
This year, awards will be presented during Reunion Weekend, May 31 – June 2, 2019, to members of classes with years ending in ’4 and ’9.
The nomination period for this year has ended. Thank you to everyone who submitted a nomination for review. The 2019 awards will be announced in early spring.
Categories for Consideration
- Service to the Alumni Association Award – This award recognizes alumni with long and outstanding records of service in behalf of Providence College and the National Alumni Association. The recipient is held in high regard as one who gives of their time and talent to further the mission of the Alumni Association through volunteer leadership.
- Personal Achievement Award – This award recognizes Providence College graduates that have attained an exceptionally high level of achievement in their respective career, chosen vocation, and/or in areas of human service.
- Bishop Harkins Award – This award recognizes alumni for outstanding service and dedication to the Catholic Church and its mission.
- Exemplary Citizenship Award – This award recognizes alumni for their development, implementation and/or involvement in social action programs that have contributed to improving the lives of others.
- Service to Education – This award recognizes extraordinary career achievements in the field of education through classroom involvement and/or administration.
- Faithful Friar – This award recognizes extraordinary and long-time dedication to Providence College with a consistent and distinguished record of service and loyalty to the institution along with a commitment to giving of time, talent, and financial support.
- Rev. Philip A. Smith, O.P. Award – recognizes an outstanding “Friar of the Last Decade” for exceptional achievement and significant contributions to their profession, community, and to Providence College. It is intended to honor those who seek to increase alumni engagement and are viewed as truly inspirational to others. Recipient must be a graduate in the fifth-year or tenth-year anniversary class.