Roasted Vegetable Cheesecake (or dip)
- 5 ounces yellow onions- chopped
- 5 ounces peppers (red peppers make the dish “pop” a bit more)- chopped
- 4 ounces of zucchinis- diced
- 2 ounces yellow zucchini squash- diced
- 2 ounces of shredded carrots
- 2 teaspoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1.5 lbs of softened cream cheese
- 8 ounces of croutons, crushed (first set)
- 2 ounces of shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 ounces of sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces of croutons, crushed (second set)
- Combine onions, red peppers, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, olive oil, salt and pepper and roast on a sheet pan at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool for a couple minutes.
- Combine roasted vegetable mixture with cream cheese, the first set of crushed croutons, parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Grease 9” springform pan. Pour the second set of croutons into pan and up the sides of the pan to make a crust.
- Pour vegetable/cheese mixture into the prepared 9” springform pan. Press mixture firmly till it is evenly distributed, and no air gaps remain.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until a light brown crust forms and the cheesecake is firm.
- Once the cake is cool, use a sharp knife to slice. Be sure to wipe the knife after each cut. Garnish with grilled zucchini.
Makes (1) 9” cheesecake, designed to be cut into 12 slices
Recipe Notes: All of the vegetables are interchangeable for whatever you have. To create this as a dip, omit the eggs and the second set of crushed croutons; add 1 cup of sour cream.