Tandoori Chicken Skewers
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger (ground ginger works too)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of coriander
- 1.5 teaspoons of canola oil
- 2 ounces of plain yogurt
- 1.5 teaspoons of lemon juice
Directions: Mix all of these ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- (3) chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1.5” x 1.5” if you like metrics, but do not obsess over this size
- (2) jalapeno peppers cut into rings
- take the seeds out for less spice
- ½ of a pineapple, cut into chunks
- (12) skewers for grilling (around 6” will do)
- Soak in water for at 1 hour before assembling so they do not burn on the grill
- Toss the chicken chunks in the tandoori mix and set aside.
- Place the pineapple on the skewers first, then the jalapeno, and then the chicken
- Place on the grill, rotating occasionally, until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Option to cook in a skillet. Preheat with vegetable oil to medium heat. Cook until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
Makes 12 skewers